– 1 cup lemon juice
– 1 tsp ground pink peppercorns
– 1/2 tsp freshly-ground white pepper
– 1 tsp sea salt
– 1/2 cup honey
– 1 1/2 cup olive oil
– 1/2 bn lemon thyme
– 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, and cut into 1/2″ dice
– Olive oil as needed
– Salt to taste
– Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
– 1 oz julienne of sun dried tomatoes
– 4 x green onions, green parts only cut 5″ long pieces
– 4 x rice paper wrappers – (12″)
– 3 oz #1 sushi grade yellowfin tuna cut 5″ long bars
* In a heated pan with olive oil saute the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.Cover the pan and roast until potatoes are tender.Add sun-dried tomatoes to the pan.Transfer mixture to a bowl. With a hand-held masher, mash the mixture until fluffy.Check for seasoning.Place the potatoes mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a round tip.
* To hydrate the rice paper wrappers,fill a large bowl with warm water.Place the wrappers in water for about 3 minutes until soft.
* Remove one wrapper at a time from the water, lay out on a flat surface and blot with a paper towel. Pipe a 5-inch strip of mashed potatoes in the center of the wrapper.Lay a tuna bar and a piece of scallion evenly next to the potato. Roll into a spring roll.
* In a very hot pan with oil saute the spring rolls quickly,browning all sides.Cook on very high heat, making sure not to cook the tuna.
* Cut each spring roll into 5 pieces.Brush with olive oil.Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve immediately.